Keeping your account safe should be the biggest priority of yours. These days’ hackers try to infiltrate the email accounts with the malware to gain access to it.
If you have the suspicion that your account is hacked then you should immediately contact the AOL technical support number for more help. We have also created a guide for the customers to recover their hacked AOL email account.
But first, let’s take a look at how would you know that your account is hacked.
Signs that proofs your AOL is hacked
- You’re not getting any new emails from your contacts.
- Your contacts are receiving spam or junk mail from your email address.
- Upon reviewing the recent activity page, you get logins from unexpected locations.
- Your mail settings or mail info is changed without your knowledge or consent.
What to do if your AOL account is hacked
- The first thing you should be doing is changing the password of your mail. You can do that by going into the emails settings. And make sure that this time you create a strong password that cannot be hacked forcefully.
- Install the antivirus on your system and run a system-wide scan to flush out any malware or virus present in your system.
- Change the security question you provided in the AOL mail settings.
- Review the AOL mail settings and change what is necessary or what is changed without your knowledge.
- Check display name and change it, if it contains letters like ‘AOL’, ‘A.O.L’, or ‘Aol’. Spammers or hackers may have changed it so that you cannot send an outgoing message.
- If you are still not able to change the password or change the mail settings then you need the help of AOL phone number.
Most likely this will solve all your problems, but if you are not able to recover your account or have any issue related to AOL mail then you can call AOL help number and all your problems will be resolved. The experts will take care of all your problem via remote access and you don’t have to do anything.